Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The dream


As I went to bed that night I dreamt of a train speeding past me, with its big wheels and crankshaft trying to push its way through the dark night, and the faint noise of chugga chugga choo choo, the cold suddenly wind hits me. Then I follow it, I can’t resist chasing after it, as I leap up onto the train tracks, my feet thumping every time I land on a cross tie, the gentle wind on my face, I stop to catch my breath, my heart thumping. I look up as the train entered the tunnel. And I wake up…

By Jess

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jess
    WOW!! What a great entry to the 100 word challenge. I really love your words and descriptions of the train. I especially like the phrases "trying to push its way through the dark night" and " the faint noise of the chugga chugga choo choo". You also use some excellent adjectives such as the "gentle wind. Your words paint a very vivid picture of a moment in a train's journey. Well done on such excellent writing and keep up the good work.
    Ms O'Keeffe (Team 100wc)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi jess. i loved the language you used.it was a great story:)
    loved it
    emma room 5

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was a good story Jess.
    Nikita :)

    ReplyDelete