Tuesday, November 12, 2013

War

As I fell on the ground I felt my hip smash. I had broken it. I see poppies along side me. They look so beautiful. As I go to grab one a soldier stands on my wrist. That's when I remember I'm at war. The soldier points his gun at me and has his hand on the trigger. I just hope he doesn't pull it. I close my eyes and think of the good things I have done in my life. They BANG! The shot was taken. I didn't feel any pain though so I open my eyes and see the man that was firing at me fall to the ground. One of the soldiers on my team had shot him in the back.

By Tom

2 comments:

  1. that story is so entertaining, infect it was so good I couldn't find any mistakes
    by jewel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, Tom. This is stirring stuff. You have caught just the right angle by writing from the soldier's point of view. It makes the whole act of remembering come to life. I particularly like the sentence 'as I go to grab one a soldier stands on my wrist' - I think in those 12 words you have shown war for what it is - human, yet brutal. Well done.

    ReplyDelete