Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Not a good start


A new house, a new life I don't know about this! It was a rainy day, we had just moved house and I hate it!  Mum  and dad are driving me crazy I want to get out of there. I grab my raincoat and gumboots and start to check the place out. Ouch! a branch just hit me in the face, poke! a thistle jabbed my arm how can this get any worse! I start  walking again feeling lonely and tired.    I could feel emptiness lurking in my shadow, then something catches my eye I walk over to find a shimmering pond I lean over but lose my balance splash!

by Portia

2 comments:

  1. Hi Portia,

    Apologies if you get a comment from me twice. I have tried once but am not sure if it worked or not.

    Thank you for entering the 100 Word Challenge, I really enjoyed reading your writing. I like the fact that you have written it in the first person as it gives you the chance to express your feelings. You make these feelings more powerful by using exclamation marks. You've also used some super vocabulary in your writing.
    Well done!
    Mrs Stones
    http://bradfordschools.net/blog/miriamlord100wc/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...what a catastrophe. I love your story. There was just the right amount of suspense.
    Ms W (100 team)

    ReplyDelete