Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My wet brother


It was a sunny afternoon, just after setting up camp near the lake; mum mentioned something about marshmallows and damper so me and my brother decided to look around for fire wood. We started looking about the forests, searching the ground for branches that had broken off recently and are still dry, after a few trips back and forth we chose to look around the lake for more firewood, just as I saw my brother at the edge of the lake, I couldn’t resist but push him in gumboots and all, when he realized what was happening he formed a diving position and slowly hit the lakes surface. When he got out of the water, I knew exactly what to do….. Run.

By Jess 

1 comment:

  1. Jess,
    I feel sorry for you when your brother catches up to you! I love how you set the scene. I could see where the story began and what was happening. Maybe next time you could add more words describing what you heard or smelled to help set the scene even more.

    Mrs E (100 WC TEAM)

    ReplyDelete