Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pledging to Poppies


I fall to the ground with a gushing hole through my stomach. I could literally see my lunch come back out. I watch the medics trying to help me knowing there was no chance of my survival. One of my hands hovering over the wound, while the other one buried deep in the flower patch. I grasp the hole through my body as the pain makes me grasp a poppy; I hold the poppy over my heart hopping and pleading that the war will stop and end forever. As my sight started fading black, my life faded along with it
By jewel

3 comments:

  1. Hi how is NZ I have always wanted to go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol Team 100 WC Newcastle UKNovember 18, 2013 at 9:10 PM

    Hello Jewel, this is an incredibly powerful challenge! I like the way you have told us the story of just one soldier, but linked it to the poppy and so to the whole Remembrance Day moment! Well done and keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete