Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Gateway

Everything went black after I said good-bye to my friend. All I remember is that it was cold and that I was running, no idea as to where I was going but something, not someone, something was chasing me. Everything was a little fuzzy and spinning around, but that was probably just the booze. I started slowing down when I thought I’d lost the thing, then I heard a monstrous growl far from human and started running again. I started to hear thudding not far behind me, so I gained speed. I came up to a gateway and then…


By Natalie

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what happened next! Great writing. I really like how you describe what the person can hear. I like the phrases "the thing" and "monstrous growl". You've done a good job with your punctuation too, especially at the end.

    ReplyDelete