Friday, May 27, 2016

The Tramp by Jasmine

I’m Alex, To celebrate my 16th birthday we went on a three day tramp around Ocean Grove Island with five other friends and my twin sister, Lily. My friends’ names are Jessie, Gabby, Bella, Rose and Milly.

It was a five hour boat ride to the start of the walk. When we got there, the sun had already started to set, so we set up camp above the high tide mark. We made a fire so we could keep warm but also so we could cook our dinner in it.

The next day we started our walk. Luckily it was flat. When the sun started to set, we set up camp but this time inland. After dinner that night, Bella and I went for a walk. When it was time to go back, I could not see the tent. We kept walking but still there was no tent. We found a nice, mostly flat spot and lay down. In the morning we kept walking and eventually I saw a zip and a tent connected to it. There was Jessie, Bella, Lily and Rose. We were on the third and last day. We knew we had to hurry and luckily we made it. When we did get back from the boat ride there was my Mum and Dad I ran up to them and they said “happy birthday”. I had completely forgot because of everything that had been going on.   


No comments:

Post a Comment