Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Natalie


It was such a nice honey-moon and Dan had been so sweet the whole time. On the second day in France we went to a bridge in Avignon. It was nice and sunny but I’d forgotten a hat so Dan bought me one from a stall. After I put it on, we walked across the bridge, hand in hand, and we were just quietly talking and laughing when Dan came to a stop. “What is it?” I asked. “Look in front of you.” So I did. I hadn’t realised, because I’d been staring at Dan, that the bridge had ended. Half way across the river.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Natalie. What a well told tale! You write very well and your well constructed sentences create a smooth narrative that many older writers would be proud of. Congratulations - this is very good! Mr Mullard Team 100 WC UK

    ReplyDelete