Sunday, May 5, 2013

Week 2 - back to New York

It took 7 hrs to fly back from Belfast to New York - why do you think it took longer on the way back???   I encountered my first problem on this leg of the trip.  While sitting in Belfast, waiting for the plane to take off, the Captain realised that paper work for the plane to enter the States had not been filled out and we were not permitted to leave.  After a 2hr wait sitting on the runway, we were finally able to fly. The problem with this delay was that my connecting train to see Teri in new Jersey had already left upon my arrival.

Teri was panicking as she couldn't get in touch with me.  after asking someone on the train if I could borrow their phone, I finally made contact with her. We quickly worked out that I was able to get to her home town although it would be at least 10pm before I got there.   I didn't mind to be honest, I was just so excited about meeting her.  when my train pulled up in Philadelphia, I hopped off expecting to find my next connection and who was there? Teri and her husband Doug. I can now relate to how my Mum was a feeling when she saw me standing in her hallway!  The feeling of actually being able to hug her after 4 years of talking to each on Skype was great.  I just knew that we were going to get on great.

3 comments:

  1. It looked like fun I wish I went Z.J room 15

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you are so lucky.. :) looks like you had a great time and went to heaps of cool places
    from eily, room 15

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man your lucky it looks like heaps of fun!!!
    from Jake room 17

    ReplyDelete