Sunday, May 5, 2013

Ireland here I come!

After having a great 3 days in New York, it was now time for me to enjoy some 'personal time' while on this trip - in Ireland with my family. I haven't been home to Ireland for 3years now and no members of my family have been able to come out to NZ so it was pretty special having the opportunity to see everyone again.  The flight from New York to Belfast, Northern Ireland felt relatively short - just 6hrs.  Maybe it was the excitement of seeing everyone again that made it go so fast?

It was  a complete surprise for my Mum and niece as everyone had kept my arrival a secret from them.  My mum was so utterly shocked when she saw me standing in her hallway that at first, she had no idea who I was!

While in Ireland, we went to a new museum in Belfast that is dedicated to the making of the Titanic.  Did you know that this magnificence ship was made in Belfast, Northern Ireland? It was an amazing museum - I will upload some pictures shortly.

After an amazing 4 days at 'home' it was time to leave.  It was a really sad morning as I don't know when I will get to see any of my family again :(

Below is my Mum, Dad, Sister and Brother :)


No comments:

Post a Comment