Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Brigantine Elementary School


For the last 3 days, I've been in Teri's school.  This has been an AMAZING experience for me.  Due to the fact that I've been skyping Teri for 4 years now, there is a very large population of students in the school that know me.  

On day 1, I spent the whole day giving a presentation to a variety of classes ranging from 5yr olds to 8yr olds.  I showed them a movie which my  Room 5 pupils made and also a movie that I created about our school.  Everyone was very excited about our climbing wall:)

On the 2nd day, I had the opportunity to visit the classrooms of other teachers in the school.  It was really interesting - there are many things that are the same as us but there are also a lot of things that are different too.  In each class that I visited, the children were really curious to find even more information about NZ.  Popular questions were:

What time is it right now?
What is your weather like?
What time does your school day start/finish?
Do you have any dangerous animals?

Finally on the 3rd day, I presented a powerpoint to the teachers informing them about life in NZ and in particular our NZ Curriulum.  I think we may be getting an influx of American teachers in the future.....





No comments:

Post a Comment