Friday, March 6, 2015

Recount - My Cat Shadow -By Kaitlyn


It was the 21st of Feb, a Monday, the first day of school for the week. I went to school like normal and had a good day. It was a sunny day and we went swimming, a fun day.

I biked home and stumbled through the back door, I was really tired. I was just about to tell Mum about the good day when she called. I went to the lounge and saw that she had called a family meeting.

We all sat down, I was already worried.
She said that she had gotten a phone call from the SPCA, the place where we had gotten our Kittens from.

We got Rare Smokey Black Tabbies, Brother and Sister, the boy Shadow, the girl Smudge. Smudge was with us, but Shadow? I hadn’t seen him all morning.

Mum said that at about 5 o’clock this morning Shadow had got run over trying to cross the road to the dental clinic! He was quite a mess on the side of the road. I was so upset, Shadow was so special to me.

The way he used to do tricks and rub on me and purr and wake me up in the morning. I loved him, but I still had Smudge, and she was good too. =)


2 comments: