Thursday, April 25, 2013

New York, New York

Well guys, after an 8hr flight to Hawaii and then another 8hr flight to New York, I finally made it here safe and sound  - WOW, what an AMAZING city!!! I've never had the pleasure of being in 'the States' before and it is exactly as I imagined it would be.

I've been a busy little bee since arriving 2 days ago.  I've seen The statue of libery, Empire State Building, Times Square, The Museum of Natural History and am about to go to the Metropolitian Museum of Art shortly.

I've spoken to Teri a few times each day since being here. Her kids are SOOOOO excited about my arrival.  I had a roaring welcome from her 4th graders on my first day as they yelled down the phone at me :)  Yesterday, I texted her to say that I wish her little kids had taught me about money before I came as I was finding the coins difficult to understand.  Literally 2 minutes later, there was a notification and they had drawn out a chart to show me what the coins looked like and how many there were in $1 US. Isn't technology amazing!  I am so looking forward to meeting them all next week.

I plan to Skype you all on your first Monday back. I'll of met Teri by then and I know I'll have SO MUCH to tell you. I'm excited about seeing you all and sharing my news.

Catch you soon

Mrs Parker :)

No comments:

Post a Comment