Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What a crazy day!!!

We had such an exciting day today! We have been in contact with a school in New Jersey called Brigantine School. They have a wonderful teacher there called Teri Gragg who has asked us to participate in an arts evening that takes place in their school each year. This evening is a culmination of sport, art, drama and technology and an expected number of 1500 normally attend.

As we have been skyping Teri's class and becoming familiar with the kids, Teri has asked room 5 to produce a piece of art work representing NZ that she can display on their arts evening. She then wants room 5 to be part of the exhibition with the use of Skype.

This is such an exciting thing for room 5 to be part of but there is a small hitch - I think it is fair to say that I struggle slightly when it comes to drawing. Any of my ex-pupils would be willing to support me on this one I am sure. 'Stick people' are as far as I can go with this and even then.......!! Room 5 are not participating in art technology until later in the year, so I asked Teri if she would teach my kids to draw and she said YES!

Today, room 5 had their first ever skyped lesson and it was wonderful! Teri did an excellent job of introducing them to landscape drawings and made it look so easy - maybe I could even do this??!!

Attached is the lesson. Watch this space for the next exciting installment.

Cass

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like the class had a great time with the art class. What a fantastic way of sharing.

    ReplyDelete